Along with the Xiaomi 12S and the 12S Pro, Xiaomi also introduced the Xiaomi 12S Ultra, the company’s latest flagship camera phone in China. It has the same 6.73-inch 2K OLED 1-120Hz LTPO display with HDR10+ and Dolby Vision and, 16000 brightness-level adjustments and is powered by Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 as the 12 Pro, but it has new heat dissipation system, similar to the biological mechanism leaves on a plant may use to absorb water.
The three-dimensional cooling pump is ingeniously designed with a series of channels, which use a capillary network to actively pump cooling liquid condensed at the side opposite of warm areas, greatly improving efficiency and increasing the thermal conductivity of a single unit by 100%, compared with traditional VC heat dissipation systems, said Xiaomi.
The Xiaomi 12S Ultra’s primary camera adopts an 8P aspheric lens to address common photography issues such as flare, ghosting, and chromatic aberration, the camera module of Xiaomi 12S Ultra also adds anti-glare lens coating, lens edge ink coating, cyclic olefin copolymer material, and infrared light filter with spin coating technology.
In addition to the advanced optical design, Xiaomi 12S Series “co-engineered with Leica” also utilizes Leica imaging profiles, inheriting Leica’s century-old image aesthetic and reproducing Leica’s tone and aesthetics with the aid of cutting-edge algorithms.
The Xiaomi 12S Ultra has Sony’s IMX989 1″ sensor with a Quad-Bayer pixel array with individual pixel sizes reaching 1.6μm. After pixel binning, this reaches 3.2μm, reducing noise, extending dynamic range, increasing light captured, and achieving overall better imagery in low-light conditions, says Xiaomi.
The Xiaomi 12S Ultra is the first Android device to support Dolby Vision HDR video recording and playback. The Xiaomi 12S Ultra uses HyperOIS for ultra-stable performance, offering continuous compensation for movement during video recording. HyperOIS utilizes the gap between two frames to drive the OIS motor to its original position, giving each frame a full effective range of stabilization. In addition to the 48MP ultra-wide camera, it also has a 48MP periscope telephoto camera with 5X optical zoom and up to 120X digital zoom.
The Xiaomi 12S Ultra is the first flagship model to be equipped with two proprietary Xiaomi Surge chips, Xiaomi Surge P1 fast-charging chipset and Xiaomi Surge G1 battery management chipset, offering great improvements in battery management and overall user experience.
The Xiaomi Surge Battery Management System features a 4,860mAh single-cell silicon-oxygen anode battery and Xiaomi Surge P1 fast-charging chipset, which also supports up to a 16A output current with 96.8% conversion efficiency.
Furthermore, Xiaomi Surge G1 battery management chipset offers a slew of battery management algorithms, embedding self-developed battery management algorithms to protect the working safety of the battery and monitor the discharge load to accurately predict the available battery life of the device.
It supports 67W wired fast charging, 50W wireless fast charging and 10W reverse wireless charging. It comes with adaptive charging to prevent the battery from overcharging, thereby increasing the number of charge cycles by 25%.
Xiaomi 12S Ultra specifications in Qatar
- 6.73-inch (3200 x 1440 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display, 1-120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, up to 1500 nits brightness, 8,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Up to 3.2GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen+ 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPPDDR5 6400Mbps RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 6400Mbps RAM with 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 13 based on Android 12
- 50MP rear camera with 1″ Sony IMX989 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, 23mm focal length, OIS, LED flash, 48MP 1/2″ Sony IMX586 128° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 48MP 1/2″ Sony IMX586 periscope telephoto camera with f/4.1 aperture, 120mm equivalent focal length, OIS, 5x optical zoom, up to 120x digital zoom, Leica Summicron optics, Dolby Vision HDR video recording, 8K video recording
- 32MP RGBW front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Harman Kardon tuning, Dolby Atmos
- Dust and water-resistant (IP68)
- Dimensions: 163.17×74.97×9.06mm; Weight: 225g
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4860mAh (Typical) battery with 67W wired fast charging, 50W wireless second charge / 10W Wireless rechargeable
Xiaomi 12S Ultra Price in Qatar
The Xiaomi 12 Ultra comes in Classic Black and Verdant Green colors and is priced at 5,999 yuan (US$ 895 / QAR 3260 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB, 6499 yuan (US$ 969 / QAR 3230 approx.) for 12GB+256GB and 6,999 yuan (US$ 1044 / QAR 3800 ) for 12GB+ 512GB model. It is available to order and will go on sale in China from July 8th.