ASUS already confirmed the launch of ROG Phone 6, its flagship gaming phone, in a global event on July 5th. Few days before the event, the company haven’t confirmed the Qatar launch of the phone. We now have the press images of the phone in Black and White colours, thanks to @evleaks. This shows the rear display with the ROG logo, 8K Ultra HD and 1/1.56″ sensor.
ASUS already confirmed 165Hz refresh rate screen, compared to 144Hz in the predecessor. It will feature a large vapor chamber 30% bigger than the predecessor and the graphite sheet will be over 85% bigger, offering the best cooling performance. Except for the screen, new Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC and better cooling, it is said to retain other specifications from the predecessor, including the 6000mAh battery with support for 65W charging and similar cameras.
ASUS ROG Phone 6 rumored specifications
- 6.78-inch Full HD+ 165Hz OLED 10-bit HDR display
- Up to 3.2GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 730 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 18GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with ROG UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera, ultra-wide camera, macro sensor, 8k video recording
- 12MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Ultrasonic sensors for AirTrigger and grip press detection
- Dimensions: 172.834×77.252×10.39; Weight: 229g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), NavIC(L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 6000mAh (typical) battery with 65W HyperCharge fast charging
The ASUS ROG Phone 6 launch event starts at 8PM Taipei time and at 2.50PM in Qatar on July 5th.