OnePlus just introduced the Ace 2, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the Ace series in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.74-inch 1.5K 120Hz AMOLED screen with up to 1450 nits brightness and 450 PPI pixel density, and the company says that it can save power by up to 24.4% compared to a 2K AMOLED screen.
It is powered by Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC with 5177mm² eight-channel heat dissipation VC cooling. The company said that it took 2 years to design and is an exclusive black technology with the best heat conduction effect in the industry, which offers twice the heat conduction capacity of liquid-cooled VC.
It doesn’t have a 8GB RAM version and comes only in 12GB and 16GB RAM versions. OnePlus says that it has LPDDR5X RAM, even with 8+ Gen 1 SoC. The Ace 2 has 12 high-performance e-sports antennas + LinkBoost4.0 network optimization, which promise stable and reliable performance.
It has upgraded game frame stabilization engine 2.0, which optimizes the game screen in milliseconds, so that almost all mobile games run at high frame rate, says OnePlus. The super-frame super-picture engine integrates a hardware chip, game engines, and software algorithms, so 100+ games that everyone often plays has a full 120 frames, according to the company.
The phone has a black hole-inspired aesthetic design that achieves a balance of power and beauty, and the company says that it has put effort into the details. The particle design on the edge of the lens is like a time tunnel; the connecting part between the camera and the frame is a flowing K-shaped light and shadow. The back glass has a silky feel and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The phone still has the three-stage slider.
Camera and batter
The phone has a 50MP main camera with Sony IMX890 sensor, support for OIS, along with a 8MP ultra-wide and a 2MP macro camera.
It has 100W SUPERVOOC charging that can charge the phone’s 5000mAh battery from from 1% to 100% in 25 minutes. The charging speed is comparable to the 120W dual-cell solution of competitors, says OnePlus. It uses world’s first SUPERVOOC S power management chip, which improves the discharge efficiency of the dual-cell battery to 99.5% that is close to no loss, according to OnePlus.
OnePlus Ace 2 specifications
- 6.74-inch (2772×1240 pixels) (120Hz/90Hz/60Hz/45Hz/40Hz adaptive) AMOLED display with up to 1450 nits peak brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 1440Hz high-frequency PWM dimming, Asahi Glass AGC protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 730 GPU
- 12GB / 16GB LPDDR5X RAM with 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 13 with ColorOS 13
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with 1/1.56″ Sony IMX890 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide camera with Omnivision OV08D10 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with Omnivision OV02B10 sensor, f/2.4 aperture, LED flash
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 163.4×74.3×8.7mm; Weight: 204g
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5)/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 100W SuperVOOC fast charging
Pricing and availability
The OnePlus Ace 2 comes in Vast Black and Glacier Blue colours and is priced at 2799 yuan (QAR 1500 approx.) for the 12GB + 256GB version, 16GB + 256GB version costs 3099 yuan (QAR 1660 approx.) and the top-end 16GB + 512GB model costs 3499 yuan (QAR 1875 approx.). It is available to order from today, and will be available in China starting from February 13th.