After leaks, and certification, realme has officially confirmed the launch of realme GT5 launch event in China on August 28th as a part of its 5th anniversary. In a letter recently, the company’s CEO Sky Li talked about the company’s growth.
Earlier today, he said that in five years, realme has surpassed peaks one after another, and has become one of the top 10 smartphone brands in the world with sales in 21 countries. He said that realme wants to be a mobile phone brand for young people.
He said, at the event, realme will keep up the “Dare to Leap” spirit and release the Leap-Forward Climbing Plan and the Fifth Anniversary Leap Up Product at the “Leap Up” Press Conference.
realme recently confirmed 240W fast charging and up to 1TB of storage for the phone. Based on earlier rumours, the phone will feature a 1.5K flat AMOLED 144Hz screen, X7 independent display chip, Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC, up to 24GB RAM and 240W / 150W variants.
realme GT5 rumoured specifications
- 6.74-inch (2772×1240 pixels) AMOLED display with 144Hz adaptive refresh rate, up to 1450 nits peak brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 1440Hz high-frequency PWM dimming
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 740 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB / 16GB / 24GB LPDDR5X RAM with 128GB / 256GB / 512GB / 1TB (UFS 4.0) storage
- Android 13 with realme UI 4.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with 1/1.56″ Sony IMX890 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide camera, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, LED flash
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 163.13×75.38×8.86mm; Weight: 205g
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5)/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- GT5 – 5160mAh(?) (typical) / 5080mAh (minimum) battery with 150W SuperVOOC fast charging
- GT5 240W – 4600mAh (typical) / 4450mAh (minimum) battery with 240W SuperVOOC fast charging