Xiaomi’s latest flagship wearables were announced on stage just as the Xiaomi 12 series made its global debut. We have the Xiaomi Watch S1 which is the brand’s most premium smartwatch to date offering a sapphire glass screen and stainless steel body complete with all the health and fitness tracking features you’d want. The S1 Active offers the same basic functions but in a less premium and more rugged package while the Buds 3T Pro are Xiaomi’s flagship TWS earphones with ANC.
Both of Xiaomi’s new smartwatches come with 1.43-inch AMOLED displays though the vanilla S1 features sapphire glass protection. The pair also share the same PPG heart rate sensor and SpO2 reader and also track you sleep. You get 5ATM water resistance on both as well as fitness tracking for over 117 sports modes.
The new watches offer dual-band GNSS positioning and can take calls over Bluetooth from your connected smartphone. There’s also market-dependent NFC support for contactless payments. Both watches feature 470mAh batteries which should last for up to 12 days on standby.
Xiaomi Buds 3T Pro brings ANC which should cancel out up to 40dB noise around you. They utilize a triple mic system, 10mm dual-magnet dynamic drivers and support the LHDC 4.0 which can deliver up to 900 kbps bitrate audio. They also support the SBC and AAC codecs as well as multi-device pairing to two devices simultaneously.
The buds are IP55 dust and waterproof and come with a 6-hour rated battery life which extends to 24 hours with the charging case. They can charge over USB-C or wirelessly via any Qi charger. The earphones and case are IP55 water and dust-proof.
Xiaomi Watch S1 and Watch S1 Active specifications in Qatar
- 1.43-inch (466 × 466pixels) AMOLED screen with Sapphire glass protection (S1 only), Always-on display
- Heart rate sensor (including blood oxygen), accelerometer sensor, gyroscope, geomagnetic sensor, atmospheric pressure sensor, ambient light sensor, capacitive sensor for wear detection
- Sleep tracking, Fitness tracking, 117 Fitness Modes: includes 19 professional Fitness Modes and 98 expanded Fitness Modes.
- Speaker and microphone for calling over Bluetooth and Alexa voice assistant
- GPS, Beidou, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.2 to connect to devices running Android 6.0 and above; iOS 10 and above, payments via Mastercard NFC (optional)
- Watch S1 dimensions: 46.5×46.5x11mm
- Watch S1 Active Dimensions: 46.5×47.3x11mm; Weight: 36.3g
- Water-resistant up to 50 meters (5 ATM)
- 470mAh battery with up to 12 days battery life, 24 days in battery saver mode, magnetic charging
Pricing and availability in Qatar
The Xiaomi Watch S1 comes in Black (black leather strap + black fluororubber strap) and Silver (brown leather strap + grey fluororubber strap) and is priced at $269 (QAR 980 approx.).
The Xiaomi Watch S1 Active comes in Moon White, Ocean Blue and Space Black colours with a matching black fluororubber straps and separate Yellow, Green and Orange straps. It is priced at $199 (QAR 730 approx.). These will roll out soon.