Following the India launch announcement a few hours ago, OnePlus has officially confirmed the Global launch of its next flagship — the OnePlus 10 Pro 5G – on March 31, 2022 at 4:00 PM CEST. At the event, the smartphone will be released in Europe, North America, and India.
To demonstrate the photography quality of the OnePlus 10 Pro 5G, which was built in collaboration with Hasselblad, OnePlus launched their latest flagship into space through the ‘Capture the Horizon’ campaign and captured amazing shots of the horizon. To shoot the picture, OnePlus set out for a quest by sending the OnePlus 10 Pro 38,000 meters up into the stratosphere, enduring wind speeds of 200km/hr and temperatures down to minus 60 degrees, to take the perfect shot of the horizon.
The phone’s journey to the stratosphere was made possible by an ultra-lightweight module attached to a weather balloon, which sheltered the phones from the elements. In addition, an app was created to remotely operate the devices, which aided in taking images at the appropriate time and with the proper settings. The module containing the phones was recovered using meteorological calculations, revealing some magnificent photographs of the horizon. Members of the OnePlus community who actively shared recommendations and supported the marketing idea were also praised by the company.
Talking about the campaign, Kate Parkyn, Associate Marketing Director, OnePlus Europe, said:
Since the launch of OnePlus 9 series, we have been in a close-knit strategic partnership with Hasselblad to co-create and improve on OnePlus flagship camera technology. This is the second year of our partnership with Hasselblad where we have further developed and improved the color science with the second-generation Hasselblad Camera for Mobile. Our campaign is inspired by Hasselblad’s historical voyage to space to take images of the moon and we were confident that our camera too will be successful in delivering the same image quality. We are extremely delighted to see the stunning images of the horizon captured by OnePlus 10 Pro and proudly present this trusted camera quality to OnePlus users.
The phone was introduced in China in January this year, and is the first OnePlus phone to pack a Quad HD+ E4 AMOLED curved screen with support LTPO 2.0 for 1-120Hz variable refresh rate. This is also the company’s first smartphone to support 10-bit color photography for all three rear cameras.
The second-generation Hasselblad Pro Mode offers 12-bit RAW photography from all the rear cameras, and there is also a RAW+ option. In the 150° ultra-wide camera, there is a Fisheye Mode.
OnePlus 10 Pro specifications
- 6.7-inch (3216 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ 3D flexible curved AMOLED, LTPO 2.0, 1Hz-120Hz refresh rate, up to 1300 nits brightness
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen1 4nm Mobile Platform
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with OxygenOS 12
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/1.43″ Sony IMX789 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 50MP 150° ultra-wide with 1/2.76″ Samsung JN1 sensor, 8MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, OIS 3.3x optical zoom
- 32MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX615 sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C Port, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Dual Microphone, Noise Cancelling Microphone
- Dimensions: 163x 73.9 x 8.55mm; Weight: 200.5g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery with 80W fast charging, 50W wireless charging, reverse wireless charging
The OnePlus 10 Pro comes in Volcanic Black and Emerald Forest colours. We should know the price when it goes official next week.