Qualcomm Technologies has announced the availability of its Qualcomm Networking Pro Series Gen 3 range of platforms equipped with Wi-Fi 7. Qualcomm Networking Pro Series, Gen3 is now available for sampling and accessible to global development partners. It is the world’s highest performing Wi-Fi 7 network infrastructure platform line-up currently available.
The Qualcomm Networking Pro Series 3 sets new industry performance benchmarks for networking platforms. For point-to-point connections, the family allows for peak wireless capacity of 33 Gbps. With enhanced interference detection and multilink operation, the Wi-Fi 7 Network Pro Series delivers application performance comparable to private spectrum in demanding shared wireless situations.
The products promise reliable functioning even in the presence of nearby interference. With high-speed internet like 5G fixed wireless or 10G PON fiber, to deliver immersive connected experiences like high-resolution videoconferencing, AR/VR, and cloud gaming. The Qualcomm Networking Pro Series supports 2.4GHz, 5GHz, and 6GHz Wi-Fi networks in tri-band and quad-band configurations. The platforms of the Qualcomm Networking Pro Series Wi-Fi 7 deliver excellent performance.
Qualcomm Networking Pro Series Wi-Fi 7: Key features
- Support for Wi-Fi 7 320MHz channels is good for games, streaming, video sharing, and apps that use XR, or mixed reality.
- To reduce wireless interference and achieve deterministic, predictable low latency in congested environments, Multi-Link technology enables dynamic band switching. When combined with top Wi-Fi 7 client systems such as the Qualcomm FastConnect 7800, these platforms can support HBS Multi-Link. HBS Multi-Link uses the high-speed 5 and 6GHz bands to boost throughput and latency.
- It includes hardware and software to maximize 6 GHz operation, including long-range and outdoor. AFC is now available for client device integration with Qualcomm® Immersive Home on the Qualcomm Networking Pro Series.
For a wide range of connectivity solutions, the third-generation Qualcomm Networking Pro Series platforms are designed exclusively. An optimal multiband channel utilization method is supported by each globally applicable platform configuration. Enterprise, small business, carrier gateways, mesh networks, and household deployments are all types of projects that customers can choose from.
- Qualcomm Networking Pro 1620: For stadiums, large organizations, and luxury residential mesh systems, it has quad-band, 16-stream, 33.1 Gbps peak wireless capability.
- Qualcomm Networking Pro 1220: For enterprise, SMB, prosumer, and premium residential mesh systems, it has a tri-band, 12-stream wireless capacity of 21.6 Gbps peak.
- Qualcomm Networking Pro 820: For enterprise, SMB, prosumer, and premium residential mesh systems, it provides quad-band, 8-stream, 13.7 Gbps peak wireless capacity.
- Qualcomm Networking Pro 620: For enterprise, SMB, gaming, and home mesh systems, it delivers Tri-band, 6-stream, 10.8 Gbps maximum wireless capacity.
Speaking on the introduction of Wi-Fi 7 products, Nick Kucharewski, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Wireless Infrastructure and Networking, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc, said,
Qualcomm Technologies has enabled the era of 10 Gbps Wi-Fi with our first customer deliveries of the Wi-Fi 7 Networking Pro Series. Combining support for the latest Wi-Fi 7 innovations with our unique product architecture, the platform enables solutions ranging from whole-home mesh to connectivity networks for large public venues. With this product line, we anticipate a new class of customer systems for both today’s applications and the emerging Wi-Fi 7 ecosystem.