vivo today officially posted the image of its first foldable phone – vivo X Fold, and also showcased its design in the teaser video. This comes after the company confirmed that it will introduce the phone on April 11th. The company has also confirmed that it will be powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, feature a high refresh screen on the inside and outside, and both these will include ultrasonic in-display fingerprint unlocking.
vivo’s product vice president posted that the company started pre-research on foldable screens four years ago. He said that the inner screen must be large enough and good enough, and the look and feel should not be affected by creases due to frequent opening and closing for a long time.
The outer screen is also used a lot, and the size must be the mainstream size, and must be flagship level. The switching of internal and external screens shouldn’t have problems such as frame control and color difference.
He said that vivo is the pioneer of in-display fingerprints, so it can’t give up on it, so the company worked hard to overcome the difficulties involving materials, acoustics and structures, etc., and brought “more mature and reliable folding screen” The company also brought the first dual-screen ultrasonic fingerprint on the folding screen.
vivo also posted a teaser video that shows quad rear cameras with T* coating for the lens and a leather finish on the back. The cameras feature ZEISS VARIO-TESSAR lens, f/1.75 to f/3.4 aperture and 14mm to 125mm focal length for the cameras, including the periscope telephoto camera.
vivo X Fold rumoured specifications in Qatar
- 6.53-inch FHD+ OLED aspect ratio display with 120Hz refresh rate
- 8-inch 2K E5 AMOLED LTPO display with 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 12GB RAM with 256GB storage
- Funtouch OS 12 based on Android 12)
- Dual SIM
- 50MP camera with Samsung GN1 sensor, f/1.57 aperture, LED flash, gimbal OIS, Zeiss T* coating, V1 chip, 48MP ultra-wide camera with Sony IMX598 sensor, 4-axis OIS Gimbal stabilization, 12MP portrait camera with f/1.6 aperture, 8MP periscope camera with f/3.4 aperture, OIS, 5x optical zoom, 60x super zoom, Laser autofocus
- In-display ultrasonic fingerprint sensor for inner and outer screens
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 Dual band), NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4600mAh (typical) battery with 80W fast charging, 50W wireless charging
vivo also teased the vivo Pad tablet along with its keyboard and stylus pen.